Number of lawyers: 14
Location: Sydney CBD
From Salvos Legal...Salvos Legal is a revolutionary law firm.
- We are the Australian Law Firm of the Year (2014 Australian Law Awards), Boutique Law Firm of the Year (2015 Australasian Law Awards) and Large Social Enterprise of the Year (2015 Social Enterprise Awards).
- We advise in the areas of corporate, commercial and property law for many major institutional clients.
- We are also a social enterprise and the world’s first self-funding not for profit law firm. All of our fees (less expenses) are used to fund our ‘sister’ firm, Salvos Legal Humanitarian, which is a free ‘legal aid’ law firm to help the disadvantaged and marginalised throughout Australia. Both firms are wholly owned by The Salvation Army.
Our Managing Partner, Luke Geary, has extensive experience in providing advice to the not-for-profit sector, as do all our senior lawyers. Our commercial practice is currently comprised of three partners, one special counsel, three associates, five solicitors and a senior licensed conveyancer.
We are able to provide a broad range of legal services to ACWA’s members, including:
- Contracts – drafting and review of commercial contracts, including for funding and procurement
- Governance, Taxation and Corporations Law
- Industrial Law – advice regarding obligations with respect to employees and contractors
- Intellectual Property – advice in relation to the protection of intellectual property and appropriate use of the intellectual property of third parties
- Privacy – advice in relation to ongoing obligations
- Property transactions – including leasing, sales and purchases
- Commercial Legal Advice – general commercial legal advice, including the requirements for maintaining charitable status
- NCAT Proceedings – advice and guidance in proceedings before NCAT regarding certain reviewable decisions.
Salvos Legal is conveniently located in the Sydney CBD from where all of our commercial work nationally is carried out. We have many clients in regional areas and frequently provide telephone and email consultations and advice.
Contact: Luke Geary, Managing Partner
Phone: 02 8202 1555