On May 20, the NSW Government announced a consortium led by Adopt Change as the successful provider for its new carer recruitment, training and support program, My Forever Family NSW.
The new program will replace Fostering NSW and Connecting Carers from July 1, and will seek to continue and improve on the work begun and developed by each of these programs over the last five years.
ACWA’s Fostering NSW team would like to thank you, our sector partners, for your support and collaboration throughout the project. With your help, this innovative program, the first of its kind in Australia, has made a significant impact on public awareness about all aspects of fostering through:
- Providing a one-stop-shop for people to find out about fostering, have their questions answered and seek assistance to find the right agency for them.
- Pioneering the use of social media, particularly Facebook, to share great stories and content, build community and replicate the ‘word of mouth’ effect to attract new carers.
- Running a ‘steady press office’ for the pitching of positive media stories, particularly around key events such as Foster Care Week, Families Week, Youth Week, NAIDOC Week, Mardi Gras.
- Using contemporary marketing research to inform the design of an integrated multi-platform marketing campaign with engaging, tailored and culturally appropriate creative and messaging.
- Collecting and analysing enquiry data to improve campaign targeting.
- Supporting NGO recruitment efforts with resources, collaborative work, training and advice.
We are very proud of what we’ve achieved and the relationships we have built with you, our valued colleagues working hard on the front line.
We believe that time will reveal this program’s success, and that of the sector since transition, through better outcomes for a cohort of children and young people who have found love, stability and a sense of belonging in strong placements with outstanding carers, motivated by their desire to ‘make a difference’.
What you need to know
Fostering NSW will cease taking enquiries and referrals on Monday, June 18, to enable handover to My Forever Family NSW.
FACS will continue to take calls on the 1800 enquiry line number until June 30 and will be following up any outstanding referrals with agencies in the interim.
The Fostering NSW website will be turned off on June 30.
My Forever Family NSW will soon be contacting agencies regarding new arrangements and processes for after July 1. The key contact is Renee Carter of Adopt Change via Renee.firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you once again and we wish you all the best for a positive future in permanency support.