Amid the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, ACWA has compiled the following links to information, advice and resources that are specific to our sector. We will be regularly updating this page as new information comes to hand.
Department of Communities and Justice
- DCJ’s COVID-19 information for service providers web page covers practical hygiene and self protection measures, through to information about funding and service continuity.
- DCJ is also releasing regular video updates aimed at helping address sector concerns and questions. Click here to watch the latest video, which covers the impact of COVID-19 on contracts and re-contracting, continuity of essential services (such as youth services and neighbourhood centres), and accessing personal protective equipment and essential supplies.
Other relevant DCJ links:
- Coronavirus FAQs page for Permanency Support Program NGO providers
- TEI fact sheet for advice specific to Targeted Early Intervention service providers
- Information for Specialist Homelessness Services
- Coronavirus information for carers
- Media updates for the latest Department news.
Any questions you have for DCJ regarding COVID-19 can be emailed to: COVID19.Support@facs.nsw.gov.au
NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian Advice
- The Children’s Guardian has released important information about the steps out-of-home care service providers may take to allow for staff to provide temporary foster care during the pandemic.
- The Children’s Guardian has announced extensions to Working With Children Check clearances in response to COVID-19.
Community Sector Resources
- The NCOSS COVID-19 Community Sector Resource contains a comprehensive range of information, including work, health and safety guidance, planning for service continuity and links to legal advice.
- My Forever Family NSW is running regular Online Lounge Room sessions for carers as an alternative to face to face training and peer support. Click here for the list of upcoming sessions and topics.
- Emerging Minds has curated this selection of resources to assist parents and carers to best support their children, and reduce worry and distress.
- Reach Out Parents offers support for parents and carers of teenagers, including parents/carers online discussion forums and a one-on-one online and telephone support program.
Courts and Legal
- The Family Court has issued advice on parenting orders and COVID-19.
- The Children’s Court of NSW has announced changes to its sitting arrangements in response COVID-19.
- Justice Connect has developed a COVID-19 Response Briefing Note providing guidance to community organisations on a range of legal issues including employment, contracts and insurance.
- Justice Connect hosted a webinar recently covering employment issues not-for-profit organisations in the outbreak COVID-19. The on-demand recording is available here.
Resources for Frontline Workers
- The Australian Association of Social Workers' COVID-19 web page has a useful collection of information, including a risk self assessment tool and a guide to supporting clients through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Research Centre for Children and Families has developed this tip sheet for maintaining family time through video chats.
- NSW Health
- Department of Health: What you need to know about COVID-19
- Department of Health: COVID-19 information for a suspected case
- World Health Organisation info on COVID-19
ACWA has set up the following designated email address for COVID-related questions: email@example.com
You can also find out more about the specific work that ACWA is undertaking to support the sector in our latest update.