ACWA is one of 18 community organisations campaigning to ask all political parties ahead of the NSW election to prioritise building great communities for a fairer NSW.
ACWA wants to see bipartisan commitment to policies that will help break the cycle of poverty, which is a key driver of child abuse and neglect in our community.
Together the community sector is calling for the next NSW Government to ensure:
- Everyone has a decent, affordable, accessible and safe place to call home.
- Children and families have the supports and resources they need to cope with challenges and thrive.
- Young people are supported to reach their potential.
- Women are safe everywhere – their families, workplaces, in public and online.
- Aboriginal people decide their future and are strong in culture and identity.
- People with disability are included and can fully participate in all aspects of community life.
- Everyone has access to justice and legal help in times of need.
- The whole community is engaged and empowered.
Find out more about the campaign via the Building Great Communities website.