Over the last 30 years we have seen many changes in the community sector and provided relevant professional development opportunities and qualifications to support the work in the sector. Recent changes include the transition of out-of-home care services to the non-government sector, a major restructure of how services are offered in the homelessness sector, changes to targeted early intervention programs and, of course, the advent of the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme). In this Calendar you will find many courses that will provide you with more information and skills in these areas.
CCWT offers more than just a training calendar:
- Our In-House Services team will provide you with workshops, coaching, supervision, training needs analyses and other workforce development strategies.
- The Leadership and Management team offers the ever-popular Community Leadership Program for new and upcoming leaders, and the nationally accredited BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
- The Qualifications team can assist you to achieve qualifications in community services, counselling and child, youth and family intervention at the Certificate IV or Diploma levels.
Our best asset are all of the community sector practitioners, consultants and trainers who provide courses for us on our Calendar and through In-House. A big thanks to all of you for your commitment to this sector.
CCWT is the learning and development arm of ACWA, the Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies. ACWA is the non-government peak body for NSW and the ACT, representing the voice of community organisations working with vulnerable children, young people and their families. ACWA provides a variety of services to its member organisation and the broader children’s welfare sector, including:
- Policy advice and commentary
- Research and consultation
- Member support and information sharing
- Public messaging about fostering through Fostering NSW
- Sector conferences, forums and seminars on critical issues
ACWA is also the home of the Best Practice Unit, an innovative partnership of policy and learning, which works to strengthen practice, foster local innovation and build capacity in the sector.