ACWA is pleased to invite its members to attend the 2020 Annual General Meeting on Thursday 4th November 2.00pm until 4.00pm.
Due to ongoing uncertainty around restrictions on the number of people that can gather in a public setting in NSW due to Covid-19, and in accordance with clause 25.1 of our constitution, ACWA has decided to host an entirely virtual AGM in 2021.
The AGM will be hosted via Zoom, and details of how to join the meeting will be sent out at least 24 hours prior to the meeting to all registered attendees.
Call for Nominations to the Board
Member organisations are encouraged to think about nominating a representative for election to the ACWA Board. Nominations are now open until Monday 11th October, with electronic voting to commence on Tuesday 12th October and close on Wednesday 3rd November.
This year, ACWA is seeking to fill 3 Company Director Vacancies.
According to ACWA’s Constitution, a person is eligible for election as a director of the company if they:
- are nominated by two members or representatives of members entitled to vote (unless the person was previously elected as a director at a general meeting and has been a director since that meeting),
- give the company their signed consent to act as a director of the company,
- are not ineligible to be a director under the Corporations Act or the ACNC Act.
Nominees should complete the Nomination for Company Director form, which must be signed by two representatives from other member organisations, and lodge it, along with a short biography/statement of up to 250 words and a high resolution photo, via email@example.com no later than 12 Noon on Monday 11th October 2021.
Voting on Constitutional Changes
Importantly, at this year’s AGM, ACWA will be seeking member endorsement of a number of amendments to our Constitution by taking a vote on the following Special Resolutions:
- Special Resolution No. 1: That the Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies Ltd. amends its Constitution to allow for voting (ordinary) and non-voting (associate) membership, membership for unincorporated organisations and associated changes.
- Special Resolution No. 2: That the Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies Ltd. amends its Constitution to remove the requirement that one third of board members stand down at each annual general meeting.
- Special Resolution No. 3: That the Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies Ltd amend its Constitution to allow the Company to provide direct services to clients, in circumstances approved by the Directors, pursuant to Clause 54.
Full details of the proposed changes and explanatory memoranda are outlined in the AGM Information Pack Appendix.
Voting on the acceptance of the Special Resolution(s) will be conducted online, with subsequent confirmatory resolutions on the outcome(s) being passed at the AGM.
Voting members will cast their votes online by accessing a unique link that will be sent via email on Monday 11th October 2021. (Electronic voting will be open from 9:00am on 12th October 2021 until 5:00pm on Wednesday 3rd November 2021).
The results of the online ballot will be announced at the AGM and members will be asked to endorse the acceptance of the voting result by the passing of a confirmatory resolution.
If you have any questions or require more information about submitting a Board Director nomination, changes to ACWA’s Constitution, or the AGM more generally, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to our AGM.