As previously reported ACWA conducted a needs analysis of the sector in late 2017 to help identify what NGOs need to implement, change or provide to work in line with the Permanency Support Program reforms being implemented in NSW.
The final report is now available for viewing and can be downloaded here.
The ACWA Needs Analysis has raised many areas of work in which there is an identified training need. Organisations and individual workers will require a greater range of skills as new areas of work, such as adoption and restoration, need to be undertaken.
There are a number of ways in which ACWA’s training arm CCWT can support staff to gain new skills and knowledge.
At an organisational level CCWT can offer:
- Training needs analysis – identify existing and needed skills at the individual, team and organisational level, and develop a plan to provide learning where needed.
- Access to subject matter experts for consultation and for writing policy and procedure documents.
- Coaching and external supervision to individuals and groups.
- In-house workshops that are tailored to your context and use your procedures.
- Qualifications delivered in your workplace for your staff, including recognition of prior learning (RPL) and blended learning options.
For individuals CCWT can offer:
- An increased range of relevant courses in our Training Calendar. Use the search terms on the left hand menu to search for courses in topic areas or by venue, or use the search box at the top of the page to search by keyword. All courses relevant to the Permanency Support Program have reduced in price this year to $200 per day ($180 per day for members).
- Access to qualifications through blended learning or recognition pathways. Our qualification programs are tailored to the individual.
- Access to experienced coaches and supervisors for short or longer-term assistance.
Keep an eye out for our program of webinars and communities of practice on relevant topics that will be starting soon.
If you have any questions or would like to make any suggestions about areas of training need, please contact CCWT on email@example.com or phone 9281 8822 and speak to Linda Watson.
Need Analysis Report Links