CCWT Accidental Counsellor 1-day COORDINARE Workshop
As community members and service providers we often find ourselves providing support to people experiencing difficulty and emotional distress. We want to help, but how should we respond?
Without the assurance that comes from being a qualified counsellor, the Accidental Counsellor can be confronted with a range of dilemmas and uncertainty.
This 1-day workshop aims to provide you with a practical framework and skill set that enables you to respond to people experiencing difficulties with clarity and confidence.
During this training you will have the opportunity to:
- Define the role of the Accidental Counsellor
- Examine the importance of self-awareness
- Explore 2 frameworks that form the basis of Accidental Counselling
- Examine and apply key communication skills
- Examine the 5 Stage Helping Process
- Discover how to successfully refer to other services if required
- Identify a range of self-care strategies
- Role of the Accidental Counsellor
- Helpful and Unhelpful Attributes
- Carl Rogers Person-Centered Model
- Empathy versus Sympathy
- 5 Stage Helping Process
- Assessment and Referral
- Looking After Ourselves