ACWA is one of 18 community organisations campaigning to ask all political parties ahead of the NSW election to prioritise building great communities for a fairer NSW.
ACWA wants to see bipartisan commitment to policies that will help break the cycle of poverty, which is a key driver of child abuse and neglect in our community.
Together the community sector is calling for the next NSW Government to ensure:
- Everyone has a decent, affordable, accessible and safe place to call home.
- Children and families have the supports and resources they need to cope with challenges and thrive.
- Young people are supported to reach their potential.
- Women are safe everywhere – their families, workplaces, in public and online.
- Aboriginal people decide their future and are strong in culture and identity.
- People with disability are included and can fully participate in all aspects of community life.
- Everyone has access to justice and legal help in times of need.
- The whole community is engaged and empowered.
Read the media release and view the footage from the Building Great Communities campaign launch.
Find out more about the campaign via the Building Great Communities website.